Project Managers here at CEI are highly skilled professionals with significant experience in the types of projects we work on. They are in responsible charge of assuring projects are completed on-time, and within budget. This includes managing support staff, and providing client satisfaction.
A PE license in Michigan (or ability to obtain one) and a least 2 years of related experience are necessary. Competitive wages, continued education support, enjoyable work atmosphere, and a professional office space are waiting for the right person.
A Project Manager is a well-seasoned Project Engineer with a proven track record of running projects smoothly, successfully managing clients, and providing significant input on business related matters. They independently perform all project work with instructions as to general results expected. It is expected they will provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems, and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry a project from start to finish – including financial management, resource balancing, client relations, design judgment, diplomacy, and decision – making.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of CEI projects.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements. This includes both design and construction. Work requires a broad knowledge of procedures with CEI projects and good knowledge of related specialties.
- Handles all client contacts on projects, resolves project-related disputes, and is responsible for dead-lines and budget over-run explanation.
- Involved with marketing, prepares proposals for all size projects, and reviews proposals for routine projects prepared by Project Engineers.
- Is completely familiar with computer software pertaining to their projects.
- Reviews specification development and creates new specs.
- Responsible for construction engineering administration.
- Independently prepares reports/studies for complicated projects, and applies for grants on a regular basis.
Responsibilities for Direction of Others:
Supervise and coordinate the work of Project Engineers, engineering technicians, and other employees. Coordinate and review the work of sub-consultants. May give an opinion on personnel matters especially regarding those receiving direction from them.